GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
FOR COMPUTER AND PRESENTATION PRODUCTS
NOTE TO PURCHASER: You should read and understand the information presented below as it pertains to your rights and obligations when purchasing used computer or presentation products from Electro Rent. Should you have any questions, contact us at 800-431-7717.
The following terms and conditions apply to the sale by Electro Rent Corporation "Supplier" to customer of Equipment. "Equipment" includes the hardware itself plus related accessories, software, manuals and other items delivered with an order. By placing an order with Supplier, Customer agrees to and accepts these General Terms and Conditions, which can only be modified in writing and authorized via signature by an authorized officer of Supplier. Contrary terms or conditions, if any, contained in Customer's purchase order are inapplicable if Customer accepts the Equipment.
MINIMUM USED COMPUTER EQUIPMENT ORDER: $100 U.S.
- Customer has the right to return the product in the condition in which it was received within five calendar days from date of receipt. Product damaged in transit (by shipping company) shall not be considered as part of this term. Customer is responsible for transportation cost.
- Customer authorizes all charges to be paid with customer's credit card. Electro Rent currently accepts the following U.S. credit cards: VISA®, MASTERCARD®, and AMERICAN EXPRESS®. Payment (for orders not executed online using this website) can also be made via certified check, money order or wire transfer.
- Customer shall pay delivery and handling charges and all taxes and governmental charges in connection with the purchase, possession or use of the Equipment (other than taxes on Supplier's net income) including, without limitation, sales, franchise and excise taxes, and taxes on gross rent receipts.
- All quoted prices are FOB Supplier's supplying office. Supplier will make reasonable effort to meet any delivery schedule quoted; but shall not be responsible for failure to meet such delivery schedule. Supplier will ship according to Customer's shipping instructions, if appropriate; otherwise by an appropriate method determined by Supplier. Equipment will not be shipped and should not be returned by U.S. mail (USPS).
- Supplier reserves the right at any time and without notice to change prospectively the published rates, prices, discounts, terms and product availability.
- Supplier is not the manufacturer of the Equipment. Except as provided in item #15 below, warranties if any are only those of the manufacturer. Supplier disclaims any warranties expressed or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose or that the Equipment does not infringe upon any patent or property right of any third party. Customer shall indemnify Supplier for injury to persons and property related to the use of the Equipment. Supplier shall not be responsible for direct, indirect, general, special, consequential or other loss or damage (including loss of profits) whether based on contract, tort or other legal theory.
- If Customer issues a change order which delays or cancels an order, Customer will be charged a fee equal to 25% of the sale price of the Equipment.
- If Customer defaults in any of Customer's obligations hereunder or in the timely return of the Equipment to Supplier, Customer shall pay Supplier for all costs, expenses and legal fees incurred in recovering Equipment, recovering monies due and enforcing its rights hereunder, whether or not formal legal action is instituted.
- No U.S. government procurement regulation shall be deemed a part of this agreement or be applicable to Supplier unless specifically agreed to in writing and incorporated.
- All notices hereunder shall be in writing. Stenographic, typographic and/or clerical errors are subject to correction. Supplier's failure to exercise any rights hereunder shall not constitute a waiver or forfeiture of the same or any other right. Customer may not transfer or encumber any rights hereunder without the prior written consent of Supplier. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
- The following provisions apply to all software, if any, supplied hereunder:
Title to the Equipment remains with and is retained by Supplier until the purchase price is paid in full.
The Equipment is used unless otherwise stated. As such, minor cosmetic imperfections may be present.
Delivery and handling charges will be added to the selling price. All risk of loss or damage from theft, mysterious disappearance, fire or other causes is the responsibility of customer from the time the Equipment is delivered to a carrier FOB the shipping point.
If the Equipment fails to function in conformity with the manufacturer's specifications, Customer shall have the right for a period of 90 days from the date of receipt to return the Equipment to Supplier for repair or replacement (at the discretion of the Supplier). Customer shall pay the delivery charges to Supplier and shall specify to Supplier the defect or defects. Supplier shall pay the delivery charges for the return to Customer of the repaired or replaced Equipment. This limited warranty shall not apply if the Equipment was damaged, misused or abused by Customer, (b) shall not apply to consumables (ribbon, toner cartridge, etc.) or to batteries. Batteries are sold AS IS and not to be considered part of any warranty issued by Electro Rent Corp.
NO CERTIFICATES OF AUTHENTICITY OR MEDIA IS PROVIDED WITH THE SALE OF USED COMPUTER PRODUCTS (EQUIPMENT).
- Software licenses or rights, if any, exist only as expressly set forth herein or in the manufacturer's software or program license agreement.
- Any Supplier supplied software may be used on only one computer system and the software and/or license to use it may not be copied.
- Supplier disclaims all warranties express or implied, including without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, or that the software does not infringe upon any patent, copyright, trade secret or other propriety right of any third party.
Electro Rent Corporation © 2013. All Rights Reserved.